The Body Shop // Body Sorbet



The Body Shop is one of my all time favourite places to shop for bath & body products and I love it, as I am sure you know from reading my blog. I was beyond excited when I heard they were introducing body sorbet because it sounded really fruity, different and as it was The Body Shop my expectations were set quite high. I got the Mango Body Sorbet for my birthday off one of my friends and I was super excited to give it a go.

I have to say I don't really love body sorbets. Maybe its because I set my expectations so high for them but I was disappointed by this product. For a start, they did have that many scents available compared to the shower gel scents, I was hoping they would have a raspberry body sorbet as that is my favourite but sadly they didn't. Don't get me wrong, I love mango it is one of my favourites but I was hoping for raspberry. The actually body sorbet itself made my skin feel so sticky afterwards, you use these like a body lotion not in the shower (which is what I originally thought) and it was more of gel than a lotion which is what its meant to be (I think) and I didn't love that idea.

I've heard that the intention of this is to cool you down and moisturize you when you feel very hot which I think for a minute it would do that very well but it just leaves you feeling so horrible afterwards. It definitely cooled me down but honestly after a shower I didn't really want to be cooled down that much but it was nice as I used it in the hot weather. I might be looking at this product in the complete wrong way because it does cool you down and moisturize you while smelling amazing but the gel texture isn't my cup of tea and my skin really didn't like it.

Have you guys used this? What do you think?



Post a Comment

© Magazines & Dreams. Design by Fearne.